Baldani Law Group’s Annual Second Chance Scholarship
The word ex in ex-offender denotes a title from the past. However, for many ex-offenders, past actions don’t stay in the past. A previous conviction can haunt an individual for years to come; making it difficult to find work, obtain an education, and achieve a better standard of life. At Baldani Law Group, we are firm believers that the past shouldn’t dictate your future. We advocate for second chances, which is why we offer expungement as one of our core legal services.
Further education can help ex-offenders improve their economic opportunities, but obtaining additional education isn’t easy. Ex-offenders face a number of obstacles, including limited access to financial aid. We know you’ve already paid your debt to society and we want to help eliminate some of the debt involved with a college education. That is precisely why Baldani Law Group founded the annual Second Chance scholarship for ex-felons. We want to help give ex-felons a second shot at a better life.
Second Chance Scholarship Overview
The Second Chance Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship offered annually to ex-felons across the country. The scholarship is designed to promote advocacy for more accessible secondary education for ex-offenders, as well as, a means to break down the stereotypes and negative stigmas attached to ex-offenders. We want people to be able to hear your story, your dreams, and your goals.
Students are asked to write a 1-3 page essay outlining their story and what they hope to accomplish with a college or university degree. Is there something you’ve always wanted to do that a college degree would help you achieve? Have your experiences given you a new perspective? We want to hear about it!
Eligibility & Requirements
The Second Chance Scholarship is open to all US citizens entering or currently attending an accredited college or university with a previous felony conviction. Applicants must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above to be eligible for the scholarship. In addition to submitting an essay, students must also complete the scholarship application form. The following materials should be submitted to [email protected] by August 31st:
- A completed scholarship application form
- A typed essay submission
- A certified copy of student transcripts
- An acceptance letter from an accredited college or university (if the student is an incoming freshman)
About The Award
- The recipient of the Second Chance Scholarship will receive $1,000 to be used exclusively for university or college tuition.
- The $1,000 check will be made payable to the recipient’s school.
- The application period ends on August 31st. The scholarship winner will be notified by September 30th.
- By accepting the scholarship, the recipient agrees to allow Baldani Law Group the right to use the contents of the submission, the recipient’s name, the name of the university or college, and/or pictures of any of the above on the firm’s website and other marketing materials.
As previously stated, all completed scholarship materials should be emailed to [email protected] by August 31st. Please include “Scholarship” in your email subject line.