If You Are Charged With a Crime in Lawrenceburg You Need Lawyers That Know Criminal Law Front and Back. Our Lexington Based Firm Handles Criminal Cases in Anderson County and Throughout The Bluegrass.
There are few events in life more stressful than being charged with a crime. We have dedicated our careers to defending the accused, and as a result, we know the ins and outs of the criminal code. If you or a loved one have been convicted of a crime contact our Lexington criminal defense attorneys at Baldani Law Group to figure out what to do next. We can listen to the facts and help you decide what is best for you. For most cases in Anderson County, there is no travel fee.
“Mr. Clark basically saved my life. He believed in me when no one else would. Not only that he had to fight to overcome obstacles for me. The prosecution just assumed I was guilty and offered me a life sentence. Brad Clark went the extra mile for the truth. In the end he saved this man’s life, for that I will always be grateful. Thanks again, sincerely Nick.”
The Anderson County Courthouse in Lawrenceburg, KY
The Anderson County Courthouse is staffed by Anderson County Circuit Clerk Pamela Robinson.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Lunch: 12 – 1 p.m. – Closed daily
Anderson County Courthouse
151 S. Main St.
Lawrenceburg, Ky. 40342
A parking lot is available behind the courthouse. Handicapped parking is available beside the courthouse. The courthouse is equipped with an elevator.
District Court vs. Circuit Court
In general, the district court presides over traffic cases and misdemeanors and the circuit court hears felony cases. Felony cases tend to originate in the district court at a preliminary hearing (though they can be directly indicted), and are transferred to Circuit Court if probable cause if found at the preliminary hearing and the grand jury chooses to indict. Our Lawrenceburg Criminal Defense Lawyers defend cases in both District and Circuit Court.
District Court Judges
Anderson County is in the 53 District Court District. The other district courts in this district are Shelby, and Spencer County. The 53rd District has two judges. They are:
- Division 1: J.R. RoBards
- The Honorable Judge RoBards was elected in 2014.
- He received his undergraduate degree from UK and attended U of L for Law School.
- He served our country as a member of the U.S. Marine Corp.
- Division 2: Donna Dutton
- The Honorable Judge Dutton has been on the bench since 2006.
- She received her undergraduate degree from UK and attended U of L for Law School.
- In her 2014 campaign for District Judge, her website quoted her as saying: “Be assured, I will continue to impose tougher penalties on drug and DUI offenders, repeat offenders, and work to make our community a safer place to live.” – Judge Donna Dutton
District Court Prosecutor
The County Attorney, the Honorable Bobbi Jo Lewis handles prosecution in Anderson District Court. Her office handles the prosecution of traffic, misdemeanor, and felony preliminary hearings. Her office offers traffic diversion through their “CATS” program.
Circuit Court Judges
Anderson County is in the 53 Circuit Court District. The other circuit courts in this district are Shelby, and Spencer County. The 53rd District has one judge who hears criminal cases. He is:
- Division 1: Charles Hickman
- The Honorable Judge Hickman was re-elected in 2014 to serve an eight year term.
- He received his undergraduate degree from Western Kentucky University and attended U of L for Law School.
Circuit Court Prosecutor
Prosecution of felonies is handled by the office of the Honorable Laura Witt. Her office is located in Shelbyville. Her office prosecutes offenses that have been indicted by the Anderson County Grand Jury.
Contact an Anderson County Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
If you have been charge with a crime in Lawrenceburg or anywhere in Central Kentucky, give our firm a call today. We’ve handled cases in Anderson County and throughout the bluegrass and know what it takes to stand up for you.
Don’t Give Up. Don’t Delay. Get a free consultation now and find out why our firm is the right firm for you.